THE GOSPORT SOCIETY 50TH ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATION CALENDAR 2020
LIMITED EDITION WHOLESALE UNIT PRICE £2.00 RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICE £3.00
Orders via :
Louis Murray : Chairman .
Ph 02392 551128
Commemoration Programme – 2020
1.Christmas Luncheon and 50th Anniversary Prelude Event. Masonic Hall. Clarence Road. Gosport. PO12 1BB. 12-2.30 pm. 3 December 2019. Ticket price per person. £17.00. Presentation by MichelleLees>>>
2. The 1970 Nostalgia Quiz and High Tea. Anglesey Hotel, Alverstoke. 26 January 2020. 3.30-5pm. Ticket price £9.50 per person.
3. Primary schools heritage photography competition. Monetary prizes for the best photographs of heritage sites. All entries to be included in the Gosport Society exhibition. February 2020.
4. The Gosport Society Exhibition. Discovery Centre. High St. Gosport. Saturday 4 April 2020 – Saturday 18 April (Easter holiday fortnight). Books, artifacts, photographs, childrens work and activities, and paintings by Gosport Society members in the public exhibition spaces on the mezzanine floor of The Discovery Centre. Free admission.
5. Recital and concert at Trinity Church. Sunday 3 May 2020.3.30 pm. An informal ‘recollection’ event for the Reverend John R.Capper, priest of Trinity for 33 years - and long serving chairman of The Gosport Society. Refreshments available. Suggested donation of £2.50 to the church charities on the day.
6. Mid-Summer Night Members Heritage Walk. Monday 22 June 2020. 6-10 pm. Start and finish at Alverbank Hotel. Two mile circular walk via Stanley Park, Diving Museum, Stokes Bay Sailing Club HQ, Fort Gilkicker. Followed by twilight dinner at the Alverbank Hotel. Bookings and selection from the menu to the membership secretary in advance please.
7. Alverstoke Michaelmas Fayre. 26 September 2020. Books and memorabilia sale. Grand raffle. Public launch and sale of the journal : Gosport 2020 – For The Record. Essays in Celebration of the Half-Centenary of The Gosport Society.
8.Grand Gala Dinner. An evening (7-10 pm event) in the first week of December 2020 - with musical entertainment. Publication and launching sale of collectors souvenir volume and Society reference handbook :The Gosport Society – The First Fifty Years. Limited edition.
Gosport Society Charity number 289942 © all rights reserved - See the Society’s constitution here
50 Years Promoting Heritage in Gosport
1970 to 2020